We have been blessed with two special daughters and two sons from Eastern Europe. We welcome you to follow our journey as a family of five, waiting to travel and pick up #6, with the ins and outs of family, education, farm life, and love!

Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Nerves and Emotions

There are so many emotions are occurring in this house--excitement, fear, nervousness, sadness, elation, uneasiness--just to name a few.

Today we spent most of the morning out getting needed supplies to travel next week. We bought the ever needed necessities--Snickers, Reece cups, and Jif peanut butter! we also purchased travel sized toiletries and new pieces for the laptop so we could use Skype while we are away.

This time around is so different than last. Our last trip, we were a ball of nerves because we had no idea what our options would be, and this time, we can't hardly wait to see and touch the little girl we already love through pictures. Last time we were sad to leave our families and home, but this time it is ten times harder. In the 19 months we have been home from Ukraine, Hannah has spent three nights away from home--at one Grandma's or the other. Now, each day is more precious to us and our time with Hannah seems so valuable.

We have started talking to Hannah about us leaving and try to pump up staying with Grandma Donna, Grandpa Ray, and Aunt Amy as well as "Big Belly Grandpa and Grandma Dogs" (one Grandma has a dog, the other doesn't), but I typically ge the response of "I just want to go 'wish' you guys...". UGH...make my heart break. I know she is safer and we will all be happier (in a way) with her here. I know we need, and 'M' needs that time to bond with us and us to her. Doesn't mean I'm not going to be a basket case leaving Hannah (holding back tears as I think about it) and that I won't miss her EVERY day, yet I know we have made the right decision.

We got a quote and will book tickets with Golden Rule tomorrow. Oh my, the price! Oh well, what are you going to do? I was loving the 1 way ticket home price, until the guy mentioned infant. When I told him our little one was 3, the price went up by $550! WOW! Again, oh well...what ya gonna do? Cry tears of poverty, and give the guy his money!

I have 38 requests for our blog once it goes private! I will work on making it snug and secure over the weekend. Off to de-bug, de-stress, and relax. Thankfully as I type, Doug is playing his guitar and singing....helps having your own praise and worship concert at home to de-stress!

4 comments:

ArtworkByRuth said...

Praying for you! How exciting even with the stress! God bless your journey!

Sonia said...

Please add me to your blog, I so enjoy following it as you prepare to hold you daughter! I know Hanna will be fine at home and get some much love and spoiled. Be careful in your travels and best wishes for a smooth process (as much as possible)

And patiently waiting... said...

You brought tears to my eyse when you talked about leaving your daughter. It was strongly encouraged that we leave ours as the orphanage is being remodled. We wanted to bring her back so that they could see how she has grown..
I will start praying for peace for you and Hannah!

Anonymous said...

Hi
Happened upon your blog and would love to follow your trip to adoption. My email is snissov@yahoo.com
Thank you
Susan