We have been blessed with two special daughters and two sons from Eastern Europe. We welcome you to follow our journey as a family of five, waiting to travel and pick up #6, with the ins and outs of family, education, farm life, and love!

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Blessed beyond Measure

As I drove home today in a quiet car, I realized again how I am blessed beyond measure.  Driving down the road seeing the fields begin to green up with the warmer weather and the sunshine, is a welcoming sight.

We live in the country, on the family farm.  There are barns and farm equipment all around us.  We get to enjoy the sights and smells of the country each and every day.  My girls have room to be outside an play.  Our next door neighbors, well, they live down the road.  I love looking out and around me, knowing that members of my family have worked and cared for the land around me for generations.  I know that the farm will continue to be farm for years to come.  It is a breath of fresh air to know that something your family has worked hard for has a great future ahead. 

And it is today, as I look around at everything that God has given our family, that I am reminded that God has always been good to us.  I'm a planner by nature, so I sometimes struggle with letting go and rolling with God's plan, which is unknown to me.

*I* thought I had it all planned out.  Things with our adoption were going well.  *I* had a scenario in my head all set up--travel time, logistics, childcare, finances.  And then, God sends me these little reminders through people here on earth to remind me that it is not my plan, but HIS ultimate plan.  He is in control and has everything planned out perfectly.  Despite what I may think, His plan will be much better than mine!  I am blessed beyond measure by everything that He has blessed me with.