We have been blessed with two special daughters and two sons from Eastern Europe. We welcome you to follow our journey as a family of five, waiting to travel and pick up #6, with the ins and outs of family, education, farm life, and love!

Friday, March 30, 2012

Family

This truly touched my hear today.

Family is someone who WANTS YOU in their life, and ACCEPTS YOU FOR WHO YOU ARE.
Family is the ones who would do anything to make you smile, and love you NO MATTER WHAT.

That's right.  Our family may be different by genetic makeup, but love knows no genetic makeup.  Family means everything to me.  I look at my children and wonder how I got so lucky, that God chose me to be their mother.  Each child has challenges, and so do I.  Despite those challenges, I love each of them more than life itself.    

In countries where difference is seen as less, each of my children would not be valued.  Here, in a loving family, each one is loved unconditionally, encouraged to do his/her best, and valued for their accomplishments, no matter how small. 

Let the journey continue.....

No comments: