We have been blessed with two special daughters and two sons from Eastern Europe. We welcome you to follow our journey as a family of five, waiting to travel and pick up #6, with the ins and outs of family, education, farm life, and love!

Thursday, July 31, 2008

Prayers

Many of you know that I have grown up on the family farm. I am the fifth generation on this farm. I continue to spend time out on the farm helping my father and brother in law, when help is needed. When a farm accident happens in the area, it hits close to home.

Mark Keller is a farmer. His family was constructing a large grain bin and leg in Fairfield County. He and about three other people were digging a ditch for a drainage system for the bins. Around 8:30pm, the trench collapsed and Mark was trapped under about six feet of dirt and clay. Despite rescue efforts from many townships, Mark lost his life at the age of 27.

Mark's wife, Jennifer works with my Dad at OPPC (Ohio Pork Producers Council). Hannah and I had the opportunity to meet she and her 4 month old son Henry two weeks ago at an OPPC event. Theyare truly wonderful people.

In an e-mail Jennifer sent out she said "Mark knew that Heaven and Hell were both real and planned his life accordingly". As hard as it is to loose someone you love, and at such a young age, it is wonderful to know that this life is only temporary and we have something better to look forward to.

This one hits real close to home. Yes, Henry is 4 months old, but we have only been home with Hannah for a short time. I can't imagine Hannah growing up without her Papa. Henry will only know his Daddy through pictures and stories. It makes me realize that I need to be thankful for EVERY moment we have with our family and friends, those good and not so good. I need to count my blessings and not sulk over what I don't have.

Please pray for the keller family. Hug the ones you love today and be grateful for what they mean to you. I am!

No comments: