We have been blessed with two special daughters and two sons from Eastern Europe. We welcome you to follow our journey as a family of five, waiting to travel and pick up #6, with the ins and outs of family, education, farm life, and love!

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Looking forward

I'm looking forward to traveling.  I see each adoption as an adventure.  A time for Doug and I to strengthen our marriage, and truly rely on one another.

Things I'm looking forward to on our trip:
Getting off the plane after a long trip
Getting through customs. (The officers are very intimidating)
Seeing the big city again
Seeing friends who live in the big city, and those who live in little cities around the country.
Seeing pictures of our boys at our referrals
Overnight train rides
Endless fields of sunflowers 
Butterflies before seeing the boys.
Seeing the expression on my boy's face.
Meeting and holding my boy for the first time
McDonald's- I swear it's better overseas.  (Doug says it's the transfat!)
Potatoes and Onions- typical comfort food when we're away.
Having a court date and
Being done with court.  (It will be very different this time around with a child who has to go to court.)
Getting home to my girls!

Things I'm going to miss:
Spices
My girls
My bed
Hannah & Mila
Driving (safely)
My girls
Being smiled at
Accessibility (As a special Education teacher I notice how places are non-accessible)
My girls
Lots of TV channels that I can understand
oh....and MY GIRLS!

No comments: