We have been blessed with two special daughters and two sons from Eastern Europe. We welcome you to follow our journey as a family of five, waiting to travel and pick up #6, with the ins and outs of family, education, farm life, and love!

Monday, July 25, 2011

Planning

Planning to be gone for three weeks is dreadful.  The thought of being away from home, away from the girls brings tears to my eyes.  Yet I know that Eastern European countries are not handicapped accessible, and to take the girls with us would be very expensive.  So it is best for all of us for them to stay home with family while we go.
I also know that we leave behind a big responsibility for our family.  Little Miss Lazy Daisy needs a good bit of care to be fed, diapered, and cared for more than the 'typical' 5 year old.  It's my job as a Mom to take care of her every need, and I do it gladly, but I don't like asking others to do it.  The other issue is that the girls may have started school when we travel.  Since the girls go to the school I teach at, I am their transportation.  So asking someone else to care for my girls and then ask them to get them to school is an extra burden.
I keep trying to think of people who might be able to help so that everyone has less of a load to carry while we are gone.  I know the Lord will work out all the details.  I just need to be reassured! :)

1 comment:

ArtworkByRuth said...

Do not say "no" for others. They too reap the blessings in sharing in the burden of your adoption. So many admire you and wish they could help. Finding something practical helps them!
Praying for good news soon, and plans to come together!